LITERATURE EXCHANGE FROM JAPANESE
AQUACULTURE PANEL, UJNR,
TO THE UNITED STATES PANEL, UJNR
(From August 2001 to July 2002)
Hokkaido National Fisheries Research Institute
Sex distinction method for flounder juvenile.
Yoshoku, 5:78-81. (In Japanese)
National Research Institute of Fisheries Engineering
Reseach on water movements in mariculture ground.
- Investigation and numerical simulation of water movement and gnality in an enclosed basin.
Yoshoku, 2:112-115. (In Japanese)
Japan International Research Center for
Marcy N. Wilder
Reproductive mechanisms in sighnificant prawn species and applications to aquaculture in the Mekong delta region of Vietnam.
Annual Rep. Soci. Japanese Women Sci., 2:17-23.
Biological production of the mangrove brakish water in Southeast Asia.
JIRCAS Int. Workship, 1-9.
Fishing gear and methods in brackish mangrove areas of Peninsular Malaysia.
JIRCAS Int. Workshop, 10-22.
Elucidation of natural purification ability of mangrove woods and ecosysytem.
JIRCAS Int. Workshop, 43-50.
Nutritional approach to improvement of formulated broodstock diets for
Mangrove red snapper Lutjanus argentimaculatus.
JIRCAS Int. Workshop, 77-89.
Development of control methods of factors suppressing sustainable production of aquaculture species: Identification and development of the
detection techniques for factors suppressing seed production.
JIRCAS Int. Workshop, 90-100.
National Research Institute of Fisheries Science
Measurement method of juvenile activity of wild flounder.
Yoshoku, 5:100-103. (In Japanese)
Influence of proteases on the fish meat gnality.
Yoshoku, 1:112-114. (In Japanese)
Japan Sea National Fisheries Research Institute
Reproductive cycle in the coonstriped shrimp Pandalus hypsinotus.
Youshoku, 12:118-121. (In Japanese)
National Research Institute of Aquaculture
Progress in studies of immune -endocrine system in fish.
Japan Comp. Endocrinol. News, 103:27-31. (In Japanese)
Participation in 14th International Congress of Comparative Endocrinology.
Natl. Res. Inst. Aquacul. News, 48:9-10. (In Japanese)
Endocrinological analysis of control of fish immune system.
Brain Techno News, 89:38-41. (In Japanese)
Water purification by short necked clams, Tapes philippinarum.
- Study for its practial use -
Yoshoku, 11:120-123. (In Japanese)
Seikai National Fisheries Research Institute
The nori (Porphyra) production and the weather condition.
Yoshoku, 9:103-107. (In Japanese)
National Research Institute of Fisheries and Environment of Inland Sea
Tracking experiment of the flounder juvenile movement with recent tagging methods.
Yoshoku, 9:114-117. (In Japanese)
Examination of characteristics of marine fish species to be used as a
model organism for toxicity testing.
Yoshoku, 10:116-119. (In Japanese)
(Note : This list doesnft include articles contained in online database such as BIOSIS.)
2002 LITERATURE EXCHANGE
31st Panel Meeting
from United States Aquaculture Panel, UJNR
to Japanese Aquaculture Panel, UJNR
Compiled by Eileen M. McVey
Aquaculture Information Center
Library and Information Services Division
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Department of Commerce
UNITED STATES JAPAN AQUACULTURE PANEL
LITERATURE EXCHANGE 2002
1. Fernandes, Joshua et al. gAntibody reactivity to the major shrimp allergen in unexposed Orthodox Jews.h Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 109, (1): Abstracts S217. n.d.
2. Miller, Ron A.; Hawke, John P., and Thune, Ron L. gEvaluation of a siderphore deficient and an AroA live attenuated vaccine for protection against Photobacterium damselae Subsp. piscicida in hybrid striped bass.h Abstracts of the 26th Annual Eastern Fish Health Workshop. 2001: 6.
3. Reese, Gerald et al. gEpitope mapping and mutational substitution analysis of the major shrimp allergen Pen a 1 (Tropomyosin).h Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 109, (1): Abstracts S307.
B. BOOKS AND MONOGRAPHS
Bushek, David and Howell, Thomas
L. The effect of UV irradiation on Perkinsus
marinus and its potential use to reduce transmission via shellfish
effluents. North Dartmouth, MA:
University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth; (2000).
Note: NRAC Publication No. 00-008.
Flimlin, Gef. Nursery and growout methods for
Northeastern Regional Aquaculture Center, 2000 Feb.
Note: NRAC Publication No. 00-002.
Gall, Ken and Rivara, Gregg. HACCP guide for the aquaculture industry. North Dartmouth, MA: University of
Massachusetts Dartmouth; (2000).
Note: NRAC Publication No. 00-005.
Kunz, Nancy; O'Dierno, Linda A.;
Regenstein, Joe, and Chef Phillip Cragg. Aquacultured products.
Recipes and information for chefs and food service professionals.
North Dartmouth, MA: University of Massachusetts Dartmouth; ND.
Note: NRAC Project No. 97-7.
Leavitt, Dale F. and Burt, William
P. Control of predators on cultured
shellfish: Exclusion strategies. North Dartmouth, MA: University of
Massachusetts Dartmouth; (2000).
Note: NRAC Publication No. 00-007.
6. Louisiana Sea Grant College Program. Offshore mariculture in the Gulf of Mexico: A feasibility report. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803: Louisiana Sea Grant College Program and Waldemar Nelson International, Inc.; 2001. 253 pp, Appendix.
Mobile Bay National Estuary
Program, Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, Auburn University Marine
Extension & Research Center. Mobile
bay oyster gardening program training manual. 2001.
Note: Pagination varies.
Mugg, Jennifer; Serrano, Augusto;
Liberti, Angelo, and Rice, Michael A. Aquaculture
effluents: A guide for water quality
regulators and aquaculturists.
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts: University of Massachusetts Dartmouth;
Note: NRAC Publication No. 00-003.
Scott J.; Buttner, Joseph K., and Leavitt, Dale F. Aquaculture curricula resource guide. A resource tool for the aquaculture educator. North Dartmouth, MA: University of
Massachusetts Dartmouth; 2001.
Note: NRAC Publication No. 01-001.
10. Stickney, R. R. and McVey, J. P. Responsible marine aquaculture. New York, NY: CABI Publishing ; 2002. 391 pp .
11. Timmons, M. B. et al. Recirculating aquaculture systems. Ithaca, NY: Cayuga Aqua Ventures; 2001.
12. Van Heukelem, William F. et al. Optimal conditions for swimbladder inflation in striped bass larvae reared in intensive systems. Dartmouth, MA: University of Massachusetts Dartmouth; (2000). Note: NRAC Publication No. 00-006.
Wolke, Richard E.; Bengtson, David
A.; Rice, Michael A., and Whittaker, Maureen. Diseases of cultured
flatfish: Diagnosis and prevention. North Dartmouth, MA: University of Massachusetts
Note: NRAC Publication No. 00-001.
14. Wright, Anneka. Neptune's table. A view of America's ocean fisheries. Washington, DC 20402: U.S. Government Printing Office; 2002 Jun. 214 pp.
C. JOURNAL ARTICLES
1. Ayuso, R.; Lehrer, S. B., and Reese, G. gIdentification of continuous, allergenic regions of the major shrimp allergen Pen a 1 (Tropomyosin).h International Archives of Allerge and Immunology. 2002; 127:27-37.
2. Buchanan, John T.; Nickens, Amy D.; Cooper, Richard K., and Tiersch, Terrence R. gTransfection of Eastern oyster (Crassostrea virginica) embryos.h Marine Biotechnology. 2001; 3:322-335.
3. Buchanan, John T. et al. gIn vivo transfection of adult Eastern oysters Crassostrea virginica.h Journal of the World Aquaculture Society. 2001 Sep; 32(3):286-299.
Bridger, Christopher J. gSustainable offshore aquaculture
development in the Gulf of Mexico.h World
Aquaculture. 2001; 32(3):28-30.
Carroll, Jeffrey W. et al. gResponse and tolerance of toxigenic Vibrio
cholerae 01 to cold temperatures.h Antonie
Van Leeuwenhoek. 2001; 79:377-384.
6. Chang, Ernest S.; Chang, Sharon A., and Mulder, Eva P. gHormones in the lives of crustaceans: An overview.h American Zoology. 2001; 41:1090-1097.
7. Dumbauld, Brett R.; Brooks, Kenneth M., and Posey, Martin H. gResponse of an estuarine benthic community to application of the pesticide Carbaryl and cultivation of Pacific oysters (Crassostrea gigas) in Willapa Bay, Washington.h Marine Pollution Bulletin. 2001; 42(10):826-844.
8. Ford, Susan E.; Xu, Zhe, and Debrosse, Gregory. gUse of particle filtration and UV irradiation to prevent infection by Haplosporidium nelsoni (MSX) and Perkinsus marinus (Dermo) in hatchery-reared larval and juvenile oysters.h Aquaculture. 2001; 194:37-49.
9. Gruebl, Tomas et al. gDevelopment of an 18S rRNA gene-targeted PCR-based diagnostic for the blue crab parasite Hematodinium sp.h Disease of Aquatic Organisms. 2002; 40:61-70.
Kaufman, G. E. et al.
gMolecular analysis of Vibrio parahaemolyticus isolated from human
patients and shellfish during US Pacific North-west outbreaks.h Letters in Applied Microbiology.
2002; 34 :155-161.
11. Kern, Frederick G. gImpacts of introduced diseases, pests, and predators on marine fisheries and marine systems.h Bulletin of National Research Institute of Aquaculture. 2001; Supplement 5:89-94.
12. Lee, Kara J. and Watson, R. Douglas. gExpression of crustacean (Callinectes sapidus) molt-inhibiting hormone in insect cells using recombinant Baculovirus.h Journal of Experimental Zoology. 2002; 292:41-51.
13. Lewis, Earl J. gJuvenile oyster disease (JODI) and management strategies: A review.h Bulletin of National Research Institute of Aquaculture. 2001; Supplement 5:101-109.
14. Lutz, C. Greg. Production economics and potential competitive dynamics of commercial tilapia culture in the Americas. Costa-Pierce, B. A. and Rekocy, J. E., Eds. Tilapia Aquaculture in the Americas. Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA: World Aquaculture Society; 2000; pp. 119-132.
15. McLaughlin, Shawn M. and Faisal, Mohamed. gPathogenesis of Perkinsus spp. in bivalve molluscs.h Bulletin of National Research Institute of Aquaculture. 2001; Supplement 5:111-117.
16. Messick, Gretchen. gA review of potential diseases of blue crabs.h Bulletin of National Research Institute of Aquaculture. 2001; Supplement 5:81-87.
17. Nadala, Jr. E. Cesar B.; Tapay, Lourdes M., and Loh, Philip C. gCharacterization of a non-occluded baculovirus-like agent pathogenic to penaeid shrimp.h Diseases of Aquatic Organisms. 1998; 33:221-229.
18. Paniagua-Chavez, C. G. and Tiersch, T. R. gLaboratory studies of cryopreservation of sperm and trochophore larvae of Eastern oyster.h Cryobiology. 2001; 43:211-223.
19. Shofer, Scott L. and Tjeerdema, Ronald S. gSublethal effects of pentachlorophenol in abalone (Haliotis rufescens) veliger larvae as measured by 31P-NMR1.h Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. Environmental Research, Section B. 2002; 51:155-160.
20. Supan, John E. and Wilson, Charles A. gAnalyses of gonadal cycling by oyster broodstock, Crassostrea virginica, (GMELIN), in Louisiana.h Journal of Shellfish Research. 2001; 20(1):215-220.
21. Watson, R. Douglas; Lee, Kara J., and Borders, Keven J. gMolt-inhibiting hormone immunoreactive neurons in the eyestalk Neuroendocrine system of the blue crab, Callinectes sapidus.h Arthropod Structure & Development. 2001; 30:69-76.
22. Watson, R. Douglas et al. gMolecular cloning, expression, and tissue distribution, of Crustacean, molt-inhibiting hormone.h American Zoologist. 2001; 41:407-417.
1. Perkins. Bryan E. Proceedings of the Aquaculture Products Safety Forum. Mobile, AL: Alabama Sea Grant Extension Program; 1993 Jun.